16 November 2012
Autumn is such a beautiful season – the colors, the weather, etc. More than that, though, it is beautiful to see people give thanks, counting how many ways God has blessed them. And for each and everyone of us living and breathing, that list is unending.
One way we display reminders to cultivate a thankful heart is with The Thankful Tree. This year instead of scrapbook paper we are using wooden chalkboard tags.
For assembling, all you need is:
• Wooden Chalkboard Tags (make your own or buy them already made)
• Chalk (you can sharpen the chalk with a pencil sharpener)
• Glass Jar – gallon (shown) or half-gallon
• Assorted Nuts, for extra beauty
• Burlap and/or Ribbon, for extra beauty
• Thankful Heart (“I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart…”)
“Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon His name;
make known His deeds among the peoples!
Sing to Him, sing praises to Him;
tell of all His wondrous works!”
—1 Chronicles 16:8-9
Are you building a Thankful Tree this year? What blessings will you be etching on the ornaments?